Account System of Among Us is an initial effort to make the game safe for kids. Among Us, developer InnerSloth has described the account system to us and it is a great update for reporting and keep the game moderate.
Among Us is a free-to-play online multiplayer game. It is developed by the American game studio InnerSloth. It was in 2018 for Android, IOS, and Microsoft Windows.
This game has a space theme and only two modes to play. The modes are Crewmate and Imposter. The mode is decided randomly for each player in a match. The Crewmate has to do all the tasks and find the imposter and The Imposter has to fake the tasks, kill the crewmates and be safe from crewmates so that they can’t guess he is the Imposter.
Account System of Among Us
Account System of Among Us will come in the next update on 31 March 2021. At this moment, accounts are focused on reporting and moderating potential. And they want to add a friend system and a cosmetic transfer between devices.
- Now players can report if someone in the game is acting inappropriately, (including inappropriate names, inappropriate chat, cheating/hacking, and harassment/misconduct). Consequences can range from temporary to permanent bans.
- Multiple accounts cant be linked (Steam account is only on Steam, Epic account is only on Epic)
- Players must create an account to access free chat. Without it, players have to use Quick Chat for safety.
- Players have to create an account to freely change their display name. If players do not create an account, there will be random names they can choose from.
- Usernames are not unique. Multiple people can have the same username.
- If the players are under the minimum age of digital consent in their country, they have to get a parent/guardian’s permission to access free chat or change their display name.
- Without an account, people can still play via Guest Mode. This locks them to Quick Chat and doesn’t allow you to change their name other than with a randomly generated name.
Update of an age-gate, Quick Chat and an accounts system that requires children to obtain a guardian’s permission to use the free chat or change their display names are for making the game safer for children worldwide.