Game dev “People Can Fly” has officially launched Outriders updates and now The game is capable of cross-platform on all platforms. But Xbox players have to wait a bit for the updates.
Outriders is a Roleplaying Co-op video game. It is developed by People Can Fly and published by Square Enix. It was released on April 1st, 2021. In the game, players create their own characters and choose between four classes. Players have to complete a long list of missions to finish the game.
Outriders Dev has released a long list of patch notes to make the game more smooth and lag-free so that players can get a good gaming experience.
PC & Consoles:
- Once platforms have been updated to the same patch version, cross-play across platforms will become viable again.
- With the release of this patch, Crossplay between PlayStation and PC is now possible.
- Crossplay between Xbox and PC/PlayStation has been temporarily disabled until the Xbox patch has been released.
- Crossplay between consoles and PC will be fully restored once the Xbox patch has gone live.
- Overall stability improvements for the matchmaking service.
- Crash Fixes:
- A multiplayer crash could result in client players having their inventory wiped.
- The crash when completing the “A Bad Day” side quest.
- Fix the crash that occurs in No Man’s Land when your language is set to Spanish (Yes, we know. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Fix crash on launch issues.
- Include many more “random” crash fixes:
- We are confident that these fixes will address the majority of crashes reported, as there are only a handful of root causes but the crashes generally appear in several places.
- Fix the HUD disappearing in certain cases.
- Fix bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions.
- Fix bugs with players getting stuck on geometry (including when using Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Change the default matchmaking setting from “Open” to “Closed”:
- You will still be able to manually change this setting to “Open” through your game settings.
- This change will prevent players from joining games where the host didn’t intend to play in multiplayer. It will also cut down on AFK lobbies.
- This will also help improve matchmaking times, as the queues will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of constant matchmaking requests generated by “open” games.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements.
PC Specific Fix:
- A performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues will be fixed.